Customer Service

September 10, 2011

Today we visited Stonehenge and Bath. Both locations were beautiful; but more to come on that later. In Bath, we went to a small pub to get some lunch. I ordered quesadillas, with "no chicken." When I got my order, there was no cheese. What kind of quesadilla doesn't have cheese? I told the waiter and he came back saying I had asked for no cheese. He was mistaken, for I had asked for no chicken. Then the lady who took my order came five minutes later to ask again. I said again, I asked for no chicken, not no cheese. She says she thought the later, but after a few minutes of soft arguing, agrees to remake it. After all that commotion, she comes back to tell me there is an hour wait in the kitchen. WHAT? We had to leave in 30 minutes to catch our tour. I told her so, and she said she could give me my money back - I'd just have to come to the bar. I went and waited for a few minutes, then she finally said the lady with the money would be a few minutes. Now I was getting irritated, did she expect me to wait there? I think she could tell, so she offered to bring it to the table.


A couple things I'm not used to:
1) Why did they have to ask me a bajillion times about my order? I said no chicken, yet they came and questioned it multiple times.
2) It was their fault they messed up the order, so why was I put at the back of the line?

So, I was left lunchless until the evening when we finally got back... good thing I had some munchies in my bag.

This really made me appreciate American customer service - where the motto is, "the customer is always right." Here everything is about pride. Somehow I think this has something to do with the rigid class structure here, but I will do more research and observation before making more comments on that.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram