Crawley & Brighton

September 18, 2011

On Friday after Greenwich I took the train to visit my Uncle's cousin and her family. They live in Crawley which is very close to Gatwick airport. I got to meet their cute children, go shopping and watch B4U. We even watched Thank You with one of my favorites, Akshay Kumar. It was great to get some real Indian exposure for once and some family time.

Didi, Bhaiyya, Rohit and Himani

On Saturday after doing some shopping and visiting the Gurdwara, we went to Brighton, a beach town on the English Channel. The town was nice and the area close to the actual beach wasn't stereotypical beach-y as it tends to be in Florida. It is a sandless beach, that instead has medium sized pebbles lining the shore. It was quite cold and windy when we went, but I've heard Brighton is a very popular place for Britons and tourists alike.

Me on the pebbles and the impressive Brighton Pier

The trip was certainly a great change to my daily routine!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram