Jet Setting Again

May 25, 2012

Now I'm thinking maybe I will designate this blog to talk about my travels... Mom says she would like to take two trips a year, so hopefully there will be lots to post on here; if not, I'll find something else to talk about ;)

Today we packed all day and headed out in the evening to cross the pond. I was not looking forward to another overseas trip, but I was pleasantly surprised with the flight. Lufthansa is certainly our favorite new airline. The staff was extremely friendly, polite and hospitable. The food was pretty good and so was the entertainment selection (although I could not get through 10 minutes of the new Sherlock Holmes before falling asleep). What's more, they were giving out free alchohol. Who has ever heard of that? Not me... On the way to London last August, they were charging for everything... But yes, spirits, wine etc. were complementary and the air hostesses were eager to keep giving out more. Wow!


We had a layover in Frankfurt that went by with some more reading of The Wall Street Journal and some discussion of the Euro and the impending elections in Greece. Finally we got to Rome, took the bus and got to our hotel. The hotel was nice, with a friendly staff. We then headed to the Trevi Fountain. Radhika was quick to keep reminding everybody that this was the "pick-pocket capital of the world" so we prepared accordingly. The Fountain is even more beautiful at night and very crowded. This time there were not guys singing Hindi love songs and trying to get ladies to accept their roses as "gifts" though, instead they startled people with flying light up toys. :)

Then we looked for the ristorante that my London babies and I went to when we were in Rome after our cruise. I really wanted Radhika to try the meatballs. Eventually we found it and sat down to eat. We got the meatballs and some pizza. The meatballs were good, but sadly the experience was not as awesome as the first time. We got home and conked out, with the plan to wake up at 6 AM to start our adventure...

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram