Arrival

August 31, 2011

The flight over to London was much better than I had expected. The last trans-Atlantic flight I took was horrible and I was expecting a similar experience. Mom had packed me lots of food just in case the in-flight fare was inedible, but luckily it was actually quite good! I slept for probably 3-4 hours on the flight into Dublin. During my four hour lay-over I dozed a bit and people-watched. Interestingly, there is no free Wi-Fi in European airports; instead most people were seen to be reading. YES READING! books and newspapers. It was nice.

After my connection to Heathrow, my roommate Lauren and I were miracously able to find eachother in the large airport and we took the Heathrow Express train and then a short cab ride to our flat. We were the last ones to arrive, but were still able to attend a short neighborhood walking tour and visit from our flat supervisor.

Later, a group of us went to a pub called The Globe to get dinner. I opted for a safer dish, Lasagne, since I was way too tired and hungry to risk being disappointed, though I will not leave London without having fish n' chips at a pub. Some of the other girls got burgers and one got fish n' chips. We all felt our meals were a bit different...

Afterwards, I unpacked unwillingly and we all fell asleep, planning to wake up by 10 AM. However, once we all finally awoke, in reality it was past noon!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram